There are times when the HP printer does not allow you to print on Windows 10 because of its offline status. It is very irritating when you are in a hurry to get a print document. Here we are sharing all the potential solutions for the hp printer offline fix.
Solution-1 Download, install, and use HP print and scan doctor tool
- Ensure that there are sufficient papers inside the input tray.
- Next, turn your printer ON.
- Now download and install the HP print and scan doctor automated software.
- Next, you are supposed to open the app and select your printer and run the diagnostic process.
- If unable to find your printer from the list, then click on My product is not listed.
- Next, you need to follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the offline problem.
Solution-2 Examine Windows function discovery services
- Firstly, search for the control panel from the bottom left corner search panel. Then continue by clicking on devices and printers.
- Next, you are supposed to right-click on your printer and select properties. After that, click on the Ports tab.
- Find a WSD port from the list.
- If there is no WSD port, then do not continue with the below steps. You need to print a Network Configuration page and then create a manual IP connection in printer EWS. Lastly, you are supposed to add a standard TCP/IP printer port in windows.
- If there is a WSD port available, make sure the check box is selected. Now you need to follow the steps below.
- Next, you need to search for services in windows.
- Now, find Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication in the list.
- You need to ensure that the status is Running and the startup type is Automatic for both the services.
- If one or both items has a Manual Startup Type or is not running, right-click the item, select Properties, change the Startup Type to Automatic, click Apply, click Start, and then click OK.
- Finally, close the Services window.
Solution-3 Set your printer as the default
Note:- HP printer users recommended setting their printer as default to ensure that print and scan jobs use the correct printer.
- Firstly, you need to search for printers and scanners from the search panel.
- Now open the printer and scanners.
- Ensure that the box next to Let Windows manage my default printer is not checked.
- Now, from the list of printers, click on your printer, and then click Manage. If multiple printer names match yours, select the printer that is idle or online.
- Below Manage your device, click on Set as default.
Solution-4 Create a TCP/IP port in windows for wireless printers
In this guide, you will add a printer port to the windows that match to your printer’s IP address.
- First, you need to print a Network configuration report or Wireless network test results.
- Now find your printer’s IP address from the network configuration page.
- Next, press the Windows key and search for printers and scanners.
- Click on your printer icon name, then select manage.
- Continue by clicking on Printer properties.
- Find the ports tab and click on add port.
- Now select the standard TCP/IP port and then click on the new port.
- Type your printer’s IP address and then click on Next.
- Now select the new standard TCP/IP port from the list, then click on OK.