Gmail is one of the most used Email clients over the world, and everyone wants to use it for convenience. If you are getting the error of Gmail not working with iPhone, then you can use these Gmail iPhone settings once again.
Having a Gmail account is very important these days. And many users who use an iPhone find it difficult to change Gmail settings on iPhone as the functioning of an iPhone is very different from an android device. But, do not worry, we are going to give you a complete guide of how you can set up your Gmail account on your iPhone device.
Access Gmail on your iPhone using IMAP
Gmail IMAP settings iPhone are not very difficult to change and you can do the same by following this procedure given by us. Be sure to stick to the process and do not miss any steps.
- You need to look for the Settings application on your iPhone.
- From the options given, select the ‘Passwords & Accounts’ option.
- Choose the ‘Add Account’ tab and then select Google from all the other email service providers present to you. Please note that if you are using an older version of the iPhone then, you may see the Add Account option in the Mail & Contacts section.
- On the next screen, you have to type your Gmail account address and then enter the account password.
- If you have forgotten the password of your account then, you can also use the “Forgot Password” option.
- Then, you need to follow the verification process of your Gmail account.
- The next step is to switch on the Mail toggle. This will make sure that you can setup Gmail to iPhone without any difficulty.
- Along with this, you can also sync your iPhone with Google contacts, calendar and other things.
- You can finalize these settings by pressing Done and then returning back to your home screen.
Check Gmail iPhone Settings
Gmail iPhone settings also include the Gmail IMAP and SMTP settings that are very important for any mail account to work. You should ensure that the incoming and outgoing mail settings are correct.
IMAP Server (Receiving Mail)
- IMAP server: imap.gmail.com
- Port: 993
- Require SSL: Yes
- Username: your account email address
- Password: the password of your account
SMTP Server (Sending Mail)
- SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
- Port: 465
- Require SSL: Yes
- Authentication: Yes
- Username: once again enter your account email address
- Password: your Gmail password
By following the above-written steps, your Gmail iPhone settings will be configured conveniently and you can access all your emails at one single place. After performing this process and entering the correct information, you can access your Gmail account using IMAP without any errors. Still, if any error occurs then close everything and retry this process.
We hope that you have been able to set up the Incoming Mail Server Gmail iPhone. You can also use the website Emailspedia.com to gather more information about the setup of a Gmail account with Outlook, Add Gmail to Android and also learn about Gmail account errors.